[Talk-GB] Dorset/Wilts county boundary wrong...is there adefinitive source?

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Wed Sep 8 11:44:10 BST 2010

Steve Doerr wrote:
> [...]
Having worked on the import of OS data by hand of a the parish
boundaries that make up the East Riding of Yorkshire the process is made
much more complex than simply dumping OS data into OSM by the fact that
boundaries are shared across different administrative types and,
significantly, by physical objects too, such as watercourses.

Please do not consider dumping OS boundary data into the OSM database,
have the respect to only load data for an area that you have some
knowledge of and then take the very considerable time to investigate the
anomalies this throws up and sort them out with local surveys.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly