[Talk-GB] Datastore musical allotments

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Tue Sep 14 22:49:07 BST 2010

On Tuesday 14 September 2010, Ed Avis wrote:
> I'd also like to ask about the two postcode fields.  What do 'supplied
> postcode' and 'nearest postcode' mean?  Perhaps the first one is for the
> allotment itself and the second is for a nearby street?

The data is shown directly as supplied by the source. You'd have to ask them. I deliberately don't dick around with the source data, just try to present it nicely.

Once you're removing things from parentheses, I think it's going a bit too far into the territory of trying to paper up a broken dataset. I'm really not sure about the not:name protocol - the more I see it the more I think it's not the right thing to do. Storing meta information about another database in osm. But compared to the alternatives (making something like musical * accept & store user notes about each entry) it's relatively quick & easy to implement. So I may do that.

robert.