[Talk-GB] Datastore musical allotments

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Sep 15 09:36:01 BST 2010

On 14 September 2010 22:00, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:

> I and others have been busy adding or naming allotments from this data.
>  Thanks!
>
> Now for the inevitable follow-up question: how do we report errors back to
> the
> GLA, and will they pass them on to the local authorities?

The data came from the GLA, who compiled it from feedback through their
London GIS forum. Once we have gone through the dataset correcting our
entries, I'll talk to Gareth who runs the datastore and manages GIS here
about adding our data to their datastore entry, and he will feed the results
back down to the London borough GIS officers.

I'm also talking with the people in charge of London food policy, we're
arranging a meeting with them and Sustain later this month to talk about
other possibilities including (as previously mentioned) the Capital Growth
scheme which is aiming to create 2012 new growing spaces by 2012.

The one thing I haven't worked out yet, because Robert's tool doesn't have
this facility, is how to know we've checked them all. For example, I have
found a couple in Southwark that don't exist any more so I am leaving those
alone but in Robert's tool you wouldn't know that.

If Robert can't modify his tool to let us annotate the GLA data to say "not
here" or "checked, this name is wrong" then we could possibly start a wiki
page to tick off boroughs as they are checked? Cumbersome, I know.

Tom