[Talk-GB] UK Bike Shop dataset obtained: please merge in locations in your area

Graham Stewart graham at dalmuti.net
Wed Sep 15 11:27:06 BST 2010

The documentation at
http://www.cyclestreets.net/blog/2010/04/05/add-point-of-interest/
suggests that bike shops should always be added as nodes. Is that the
case?

For example I'd previously added the Evans Cycles at the Metrocentre
(near Newcastle) as a building (closed way).
Tags: building=yes, name=Evans Cycles, shop=bicycle
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.9563944617016&lon=-1.67584697130855&zoom=16&layers=C

I note that this doesn't seem to show on the Cycle Map renderer.

Also, any objections if I post this up the link on a popular cycling
site (SingletrackWorld) we might get a bit of help from them and recruit
some new members at the same time.

GrahamS