[Talk-GB] UK Bike Shop dataset obtained: please merge in locations in your area

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Sep 15 11:44:06 BST 2010

I think the failure to render bike shops as buildings is a bug. Shaun and
Andy are simply overstretched so haven't fixed it on the map add tool yet.

Tom

On 15 Sep 2010 11:27, "Graham Stewart" <graham at dalmuti.net> wrote:

The documentation at
http://www.cyclestreets.net/blog/2010/04/05/add-point-of-interest/
suggests that bike shops should always be added as nodes. Is that the
case?

For example I'd previously added the Evans Cycles at the Metrocentre
(near Newcastle) as a building (closed way).
Tags: building=yes, name=Evans Cycles, shop=bicycle
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.9563944617016&lon=-1.67584697130855&zoom=16&layers=C

I note that this doesn't seem to show on the Cycle Map renderer.

Also, any objections if I post this up the link on a popular cycling
site (SingletrackWorld) we might get a bit of help from them and recruit
some new members at the same time.

GrahamS

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:56 +0100, "Martin Lucas-Smith - CycleStreets"