[Talk-GB] Datastore musical allotments

Will Abson will.abson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:15:49 BST 2010

Great tool! I've checked out my local area (Ealing) and there's a few
disagreements marked for several allotments which are listed as
'Private Site' in the GLA data. Effectively there is no name present
in the data for those sites, so perhaps this scenario could be catered
for in the algorithm, e.g. do not flag the site based on name?

It also raises the question of the owner/operator of allotment sites
in the data. The wiki suggests operator=* for allotments, which would
seem to be equivalent to the 'Organisation' field in the data,
although this is not consistently recorded and is missing for the
thirteen private allotments in Ealing.

I'd second creating a wiki page to record additions/corrections to the
data, assuming it is not straightforward to add a feedback function to
the app.

Will.