[Talk-GB] OS Opendata & the new license/CT

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Sep 16 02:09:23 BST 2010

  On 08/09/2010 12:23, Dave F. wrote:
>  Hi
>
> I'm trying to understand the new license & Contributor Terms...

Thanks to all who replied.

A couple of specific questions:

I signed up to OSM a year ago, so I assume I'm under the old CT's.

1. If I trace/import data from OS Opendata today; will I have to remove
it when the new license/CT come into force?

2. I've seen some people insisting we attribute any such
tracings/imports with the appropriate source=* tag. Why? What protection
does it give the data?

Please remember this is assuming the wording of the license/CT is
adopted as is & try & keep any replies as factual as possible.

Cheers
Dave F.