[Talk-GB] Datastore musical allotments

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Sep 16 10:16:34 BST 2010

On 16 September 2010 00:13, Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk>wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2010, at 23:21, Robert Scott wrote:
> > Well, the feedback functionality itself is not hugely non-straightforward
> (?) - the difficult bit is it means I have to get in to the sticky world of
> authentication. I don't want to create a free-for-all. I'd really like to be
> able to tie comments to osm accounts and that requires quite a bit of oauth
> work along with tying it into django's session/auth system. It's something
> I've wanted to do for a while with musical chairs but I've never really
> convinced myself it's worth investing the time.
> >

> Dare I say the bike shop locator doesn't have any auth, but does have the
> ability to place comments:
> http://shaunmcdonald.dev.openstreetmap.org/bike-shop-locator/
>
> It does function more of a check list and doesn't do any fuzzy matching, so
> no auto matching.

It would be fantastic if Robert / Shaun / Andy / someone else could find the
time to bring these three features together:
- auto matching to save checking every point
- ticking off items where we can safely ignore the disagreement (doesn't
exist, different name)
- adding comments that can be collated and sent back to the data provider

Like Shaun I am relaxed about anonymous access.

Tom