[Talk-GB] Announcement: more 7th series sheets added to out of copyright layer

TimSC mappinglists at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Wed Sep 22 10:28:45 BST 2010

Hi all,

The 7th series layer has been updated with additional out of copyright
OS scans for the 1950s. The areas are around Liverpool, Cardiff,
Swindon, South London, Surrey, parts of Kent, and a few other places.
Some areas of rights of way data, which was not included in the modern
OS Opendata. Obviously, take care when tracing because things change,
but they might provide an additional tool or a basis for planning survey
expeditions.

Thanks to James Rutter for the scans. The recent additions were all from
my own folded sheets. Hopefully we can get more sheets available early
next year, as the copyright lapses on another batch of OS data. Steve
Chilton has a complete set of rolled sheets. I have a most sheets too.

Slippy map: http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/?layers=00B00

To use it in editors: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/7th_Series

TimSC