[Talk-GB] Hunt the London allotments - with wiki page

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Sep 27 14:52:04 BST 2010

On 27 September 2010 12:04, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:

> Tom Chance <tom at ...> writes:
>
> >If you have the time, it would be good to have buttons to say:
> >* "this allotment doesn't exist on the ground"
> >* "our name is correct"
>
> Also, "survey required" (about 60% of missing allotments can be traced from
> Yahoo photos).

Not without a survey, of course! (without wanting to imply Ed doesn't survey
first).

Just in case anyone is tempted, one of the allotments I checked in Southwark
showed up on the council's Mastermap web mapping service, in the Yahoo!
aerial imagery and looked a bit like an allotment in the higher resolution
Bing and Google imagery. But in fact it is completely overgrown and disused.

Do please check them on the ground.

Regards,
Tom