[Talk-GB] Hunt the London allotments - with wiki page

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Sep 27 19:18:48 BST 2010

On 27 September 2010 17:41, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:

>  On 27/09/2010 17:16, Tom Chance wrote:
>
> On 27 September 2010 16:34, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
>
>>    Hmm... Mapping from Yahoo without ground knowledge is legitimate.
>> Tagging the source as Yahoo implies that it maybe out of date & another,
>> more accurate survey, should be carried out in the future but that shouldn't
>> hinder adding the data.
>>

> I don't think the tag as used implies that,
>

> All the traceable images imply a relative accuracy based when they were
> issued.

Yes, but how many people - upon completing a ground survey and editing
somebody else's objects that have already been added with a "source" tag -
promptly remove or amend that tag? How many people trace features following
a survey and add the tag to bits they traced from imagery, having previously
confirmed that it existed on the ground? It's a handy little tag, but not
exactly reliable.

I thought someone had created a hierarchical list in the wiki, but I can't
> find it.

How many contributors pore over difficult-to-find wiki pages? ;-)

Regards,
Tom