[Talk-GB] Hunt the London allotments - with wiki page

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Sep 27 20:22:30 BST 2010

  On 27/09/2010 19:18, Tom Chance wrote:
> On 27 September 2010 17:41, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com
> <mailto:davefox at madasafish.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 27/09/2010 17:16, Tom Chance wrote:
>>     On 27 September 2010 16:34, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com
>>     <mailto:davefox at madasafish.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hmm... Mapping from Yahoo without ground knowledge is
>>         legitimate. Tagging the source as Yahoo implies that it maybe
>>         out of date & another, more accurate survey, should be
>>         carried out in the future but that shouldn't hinder adding
>>         the data.
>>

>>     I don't think the tag as used implies that,
>
>     All the traceable images imply a relative accuracy based when they
>     were issued.
>

> Yes, but how many people - upon completing a ground survey and editing
> somebody else's objects that have already been added with a "source"
> tag - promptly remove or amend that tag?

I've done it about half a dozen times today updating NPE to Streetview.

> How many people trace features following a survey and add the tag to
> bits they traced from imagery, having previously confirmed that it
> existed on the ground? It's a handy little tag, but not exactly reliable.

If it's completely from a survey then tag it 'survey' if it's a bit of
both then - 'Yahoo;survey'

Anyhow, you made a few presumptions in your posts. Just because you
think people don't do things a certain way doesn't mean that others
shouldn't either. If you think it's the correct way to do something,
then do it! - Lead by example.

Cheers
Dave F.