[Talk-GB] Rebooting the NAPTAN import?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Apr 4 11:12:11 BST 2011

On 4 April 2011 11:08, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:

> I've stopped tagging route_ref because according to the wiki the preferred
> way
> to map bus routes is as a relation.  Does that reflect the accepted
> practice in
> this country?

As have I, so I have to keep switching between schemes in Novam to check bus
stops.

To at least switch away from red I am looking for:
* naptan:verified switched to 'yes'

Other indications of better data quality that might deserve a green icon
are:
* possibly shelter=yes/no
* possibly member of some relations (but probably not all of the routes)
* any non-naptan bus stops in the vicinity

> What uses the bus route data anyway?

The bus map, and who knows what other clever applications in the future. I
always try to do things properly when I'm in a location to save effort
later, and because it annoys me when I find someone has mapped the things
they're interested in but left off detail I find useful.

Regards,
Tom