[Talk-GB] Maxspeed tagging for the UK

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Wed Apr 6 16:17:24 BST 2011

Chris Hill <osm at ...> writes:

>I'd use maxspeed:national . All of the roads being discussed are in the
>UK, so they do not need UK: or GB: namespaces.

True enough in principle but it can be difficult for client applications to work
out that fact.  I expect they would prefer to just get the tags for a way and not
have to compare its bounding box against country outlines.  It is not a big deal
to add the extra three characters to tag 'GB:national' instead of 'national', so
I suggest this is one of the cases where the most sensible thing is to tag data
that's technically redundant, but makes querying easier.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>