[Talk-GB] Maxspeed tagging for the UK Variable speed limits

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:14:17 BST 2011

Hi everyone

How do variable speed limits which are signalled via overhead gantries on
motorways during congestion fit into your schema? I've just tagged sections
of the M42 and M6 in the West  Mids with maxspeed=variable and wouldn't want
to see my work obliterated by some new ( and for these sections of motorway
- inocrrect) tagging schema. ( This variable speed limit also largely
coincides with active traffic management where the hard shoulder becomes a
motorway lane during congestion)

Regards

Brian