[Talk-GB] Maxspeed tagging for the UK

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:32:49 BST 2011

On 11/04/2011 23:39, SomeoneElse wrote:

> Great - someone has now changed a bunch of "maxspeed=national" locally
> to me to to "maxspeed=60 mph".  Next I guess someone will come along
> and add
> "source:maxspeed=i_was_sat_in_my_armchair_and_it_seemed_like_a_good_idea"
> or similar?
>
> We've lost the information that the sign is actually NOT a 60 mph
> sign.  Something like method 2 above would have avoided losing
> information (although "GB:rural" is meaningless; if pushed,
> "GB:national" or some variant would be better).

Rather amusing, really. I noticed that this had happened overnight to a
road near me, and messaged the user to draw his attention to this
discussion - without twigging that the 'PeterIto' I was talking to was
actually Peter Miller of ITO (I can be a bit slow on the uptake sometimes)!

Having followed this discussion, I must say I'm rather surprised that
Peter has done this without at least adding a source:maxspeed or
maxspeed:type tag at the same time.

--
Steve