[Talk-GB] Roadside cycle-lanes vs. off-road cycle-paths

Phil Endecott spam_from_osmgb at chezphil.org
Fri Apr 15 19:21:37 BST 2011

Dear Experts,

Can anyone propose a test that I can use to distinguish between
roadside cycle-lanes and off-road cycle paths?

This is part of my effort to superimpose OSM path info onto OS District
Map.  I would like to show off-road cycle paths that would typically be
shown on a paper OS map, perhaps as a bridleway, and not roadside paths
that would not be shown separately from the road itself.

One option is to look only for the footpath/bridleway tags, but that
does seem to miss some things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,  Phil.