[Talk-GB] Things that aren't stations tagged railway=station

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Apr 19 09:29:08 BST 2011

On 19 April 2011 09:21, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I realise that there are additional tags to try to indicate that they
> don't exist (such as disused=yes) but I don't think this is a
> particularly useful approach

I completely agree. As a fellow data user, I think the rule of thumb should
be that anything tagged as railway=station or shop=baker or amenity=bank
should be a an open, functioning station, baker or bank. You shouldn't have
to check a potentially ever-expanding set of additional tags to find out if
they are in fact closed, proposed, imaginary, an art installation, etc.

> Would there be objections to changing the situation with UK railway
> stations to bring it into line with highways/railway lines, e.g.
> railway=disused, disused=station , or e.g. railway=abandoned,
> abandoned=station?

Sounds good to me.

Tom