[Talk-GB] Things that aren't stations tagged railway=station

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Tue Apr 19 09:35:25 BST 2011

Andy Allan <gravitystorm at ...> writes:

>In making my recent transport map[1] I've found there's a (relatively)
>large number of nodes in the UK tagged railway=station, when they
>aren't stations

>I realise that there are additional tags to try to indicate that they
>don't exist (such as disused=yes) but I don't think this is a
>particularly useful approach,

I thoroughly agree.  It's not just stations: any kind of extra "oh no it
isn't" tag makes life difficult for users of the data.  I've even seen
status=desire to indicate that a path doesn't exist, but it would be nice
if it did...

Any unambiguous tagging scheme you can think of would be fine.
(railway=abandoned_station would also be possible)

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>