[Talk-GB] Things that aren't stations tagged railway=station

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 10:30:13 BST 2011

Lennard wrote:
>> >  Any unambiguous tagging scheme you can think of would be fine.
>> >  (railway=abandoned_station would also be possible)
> This variant has the added benefit that it would make it into most current
> rendering databases for free. Data users that do want to show this, don't
> have to do anything special to their import stages.
>
> Using a key suffix (railway:disused=*) would mean extra work.

Additionally it does allow for the growing number of lines and stations that are
being re-opened ;) Broadway near me is currently abandoned but IS being restored
as part of the Gloucestershire railway and the track is slowly working it's way
up the old abandoned line ... But a part that may be useful in the UK is cleaner
identification of preserved over main line railway stations?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL