[Talk-GB] Sorting out layering in East Anglia, Essex, London and Kent

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Tue Apr 19 14:49:49 BST 2011

On 19/04/2011 14:31, Peter Miller wrote:

> ...  railways at layer=1 or -1

Well, that might be correct if they're at layer -1 or +1 relative to a
feature that hasn't been mapped yet.  A conversation with the original
mappers (or a visit) should be able to resolve that easily.

> In the process I have added probably 100 bridges in order to gets
> rivers and railways to work properly.

Please tell me that you've actually visited these places to check that
there is actually a bridge there (and not something best described as a
tunnel), and note where the start and end of bridge actually are.  If I
railway crosses a river and there's nothing indicating how it's a very
useful indication that something's mapped incorrectly and needs
checking.  Faking the data so that it doesn't look wrong actually
removes very useful information from the map.

Cheers,
Andy