[Talk-GB] National Byway rendering on OpenCycleMap

monxton gmane at jordan-maynard.org
Wed Apr 20 13:19:02 BST 2011

On 20/04/2011 12:31, Peter Miller wrote:

> I have created a new ITO Map overlay showing highway=byway in red and
> designation=restricted_byway in blue. It would also show ways with
> route=bicycle and name=National Byway as a thick green line, however
> there aren't any that I can see as yet.
>
> You can try it here:
> http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=90

That's an interesting map, but it's not what we're discussing here.

Often the ways officially designated as byway or restricted_byway are
not cyclable. Cyclists are entitled to use them, but in practice usually
cannot. More often they are usable by MTBs.

The National Byway is currently tagged as :
   route=bicycle
   network=national_byway
   name=National Byway (<region name>)

but the proposal being discussed here is to change to network=ncn