[Talk-GB] National Byway rendering on OpenCycleMap

David Dixon david at ddixon.force9.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 20:55:52 BST 2011

On 20/04/2011 13:19, monxton wrote:

> The National Byway is currently tagged as :
> route=bicycle
> network=national_byway
> name=National Byway (<region name>)
>
> but the proposal being discussed here is to change to network=ncn

I started one of the older threads on the same topic, so I've been
following this with interest.  It seems the majority is in favour of the
above change.

Richard - are you prepared to humour the rest of us and give this a go?

Andy A. - is there a straightforward way of distinguishing between
different classes of NCR / RCR / LCR on OCM, say for example by
including a "colour = XXX" tag that the renderer uses?  Apart from
making the map easier to view, the routes could match the signs on the
ground.

Finally, I bumped into one of our Council's rights of way officers
today, who has a lot to do with cycling provision.  I'd previously
brought OCM to her attention and she was very impressed.  She's been
showing her colleagues, and realises that there's no point trying to
produce a dedicated map of cycling infrastructure as it already exists
as OCM, and she's looking into how the Council's data can be
incorporated - a big thumbs up both to Andy and all the mappers!

David