[Talk-GB] Definitive Public Right Of Way map for Northumberland

TimSC mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Thu Apr 21 10:46:50 BST 2011

On 21/04/11 10:40, Graham Stewart wrote:
> Northumberland county council have a definitive PROW map, showing "over
> 3000 miles of public rights of way in Northumberland" available online
> at:
> http://maps.northumberland.gov.uk/prow/frontsheet.asp?Cmd=INIT&Height=600&Width=1000
>

> How could we go about using this rather excellent resource in OSM?

You might want to take a look at an earlier thread starting here:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2011-March/011253.html

In short, there is some controversy as to if the deinitive map is a
derived work from OS products. The council also have copyright on the
data. It would be excellent to negotiate with the right parties to get
permission to use it, as it was not included in OS Opendata.

TimSC