[Talk-GB] railway stations (again)

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:38:19 BST 2011

On 04/26/11 12:04, Peter Miller wrote:
> Baker Street. There are three separate nodes tagged
> 'railway=station,name=Baker Street' (one for each line served). In
> reality there five separate lines each of which may have 2 platforms
> (unless any of them share platforms) together with 4 entrances but only
> one 'station'.
>
> Embankment. There is a single 'railway-station' node on one of the lines
> that stop at Embankment. In reality there are four lines each of which
> may have 2 platforms (except for those that share lines) and two entrances.
>
> Westminster. There is a single 'railway=station' node at a crossing of
> the two lines. In reality the lines probably cross each other on
> different layers and each probably have two platforms. There are a total
> of 5 entrances according the NaPTAN.

etc...

These issues have been bugging me for a while - for instance, on the
sections of District/Picc through Hammersmith, you get the rediculous
situation of the lines forming something similar to =X= such that each
is connected to the single station node.

Unfortunately, as is always the case, time is my limiting factor
(hopefully some will appear freed over my summer!)

Thomas