[Talk-GB] building zones

tshrub my-email-confirmation at online.de
Mon Aug 29 15:26:39 BST 2011

hi,

just to ensure, for a final answer - what you users think, we should go
on with?

even in mind to be penny-wise with relations,
the only & best choice to declare zones of an area I see is, to give a
relation to every zone
and that in this kind:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Multipolygon_Examples#Wiese_mit_Farmland_mit_zwei_W.C3.A4ldern_mit_Buschwerk_.28Polygone_.C3.BCber_4_Ebenen_verschachtelt.29
its an alteration of "outer/inner-relation-areas" with a single area
relation in the center. That gives you the area-size too.
So you have for an area with zones as many relations as zones are.

An alternativ would be, to work with parent/child relations, but,
disregarding of the boring JOSM-GUI in this case (may be by intention? I
used them once, but can´t find fast in again ...), you would have one
parent relation more.

Or does anybody see another technic (forward-looking)?

regards, t.