[Talk-GB] OS VectorMap water feature import

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:49:41 GMT 2011

I try to add the rivers & streams when I can, but it always takes a lot of
work.
Previously didn't agree with adding straight from OS Vectormap without
fixing all of it's peculiarities, and was unhappy with a lot of woodland
added. But, I coming round to thinking OSM is about incremental
improvements, it doesn't have to be perfect first time, and the woodland
added is an "improvement". Still wouldn't add without cleaning up the data
myself though, and there are a lot of water features, especially drains,
that are not really there on the ground.

Original release of Vectormap had more detailed water features, but this
years release appears to have been "dumbed down". If you got them I'd use
the first detailed release of water features.

Jason