[Talk-GB] OS VectorMap water feature import

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Tue Dec 13 11:23:39 GMT 2011

On 13/12/11 11:05, Ed Avis wrote:
> In some parts of the country there are waterways traced from out-of-copyright
> OS maps or from Street View tiles.  Getting the shapes from OS VectorMap will
> certainly be an improvement on that.  In my opinion it will also be an
> improvement compared to not having the water features at all.

The area to be careful about is coastline. Some of the VMD coastline
data seems older than StreetView and on quickly eroding coastlines the
more recent the reference the better. Surveying private cliff tops or
walking under crumbling cliffs against a rising tide makes surveying
awkward too.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly