[Talk-GB] Waterways Map (was invisible)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:02:41 GMT 2011

Hi Folks,

Thanks to Chris for reminding me, I have updated my canals / waterways map -
it should now be up to date as of the early hours of this morning (
http://maps.webhop.net/canals).

It looks like good progress from the last update - much more like a network
now, but there are still some gaps!

The things I noticed from my part of the country is that the River Tyne is
not rendered - must not have a 'boat=yes' tag - does anyone know how far up
the river you can get a boat to add this?
Conversely I am not convinced that the river Wear upstream of Durham is
navigable - I thought it got pretty shallow at Shincliffe?   Also there is
the problem of a Weir, so maybe there are only bits of it downstream that
are navigable too?

This is still running on the computer in my living room so will seem slow
because of my internet connection, but I am working on getting minutely
updating working on a little virtual server, which will seem better from the
outside world - I will be looking for suggestions for other visualisations
to include once I have got that working (adding more is very easy once it is
working), so please think of anything else you would like to see.

Graham.

--
Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.