[Talk-GB] Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:32:41 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Jerry Clough : SK53 on OSM
<SK53_osm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> OS OpenData is out-of-date. The April 2010 StreetView tiles are at least 2
> years old, and where I've checked VDM is similarly dated. I have not failed
> to find a significant change between OS OpenData (and Bing imagery) in
> detailed surveys I've done this year. Chris Hill has a similar experience.

+1.

i've had to remove several things which were traced and tagged from OS
which are no longer present. for example; [1], which was demolished in
2007 (and deconsecrated some time previously).

it's not the use of OS data which is the problem, it's using it in
areas of which there's no recent local knowledge and, pretty much by
definition, any bot would have no local knowledge ;-)

cheers,

matt

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6152842