[Talk-GB] OS bot proposal

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Feb 4 11:08:16 GMT 2011

I have created an initial wiki page for a proposed 'OS bot' [1]. I have
tried to present all the views and ideas expressed on this list in the past
day in the article - if you don't think I have got it right then please
update the article. I have indicated that it won't be welcome everywhere but
enough people have expressed interest in it for the idea to be explored in
more detail.

To be clear, I have no idea who might write this bot or when, but I think
the first version (which only adds names to existing infrastructure in
controlled set of simple situations) will be relatively straightforward and
would be very useful. The functionality to add geometry from OS Vector
District would need some clever code and may never be implemented.

Regards,

Peter

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OS_bot