[Talk-GB] OS OpenData contours

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 10:14:42 GMT 2011

>> Hi,
>>
>> Am interested in using the OS OpenData contour set for an augmented
>> reality app for walkers (extension of the OpenTrailView idea). What I have
>> in mind is to load them into a database and implement a lookup facility
> where the elevation at a particular lat/lon can be obtained by querying
>> the dataset. I believe the OS contours are rather higher precision than
>> SRTM, hence my interest in them, but to potentially save effort, has
>> anyone done something like this already?
>
>I've done this, but on my own computer only, for hill panoramas.

Hi Richard,

Is this open-source? I'd be particularly interested in the code to transform raw OS format -> SRTM hgt-like format, as I already have code which works with .hgt files. However the whole code coule potentially be useful.

If it's not open source then yes, examples would be useful.

Thanks,
Nick