[Talk-GB] Update to OSM Analysis

Graham Stewart graham at dalmuti.net
Mon Feb 7 12:16:35 GMT 2011

Great work on this Peter, it's a really helpful tool.

One suggestion: perhaps on the Area Summary page you could add an
option to rank the missing roads by their approximate
length/area*, rather simply alphabetically?

Targetting the largest incorrectly named roads first seems like a
good way to focus our efforts on the largest impact. I suspect
most map users would forgive a map that doesn't name some obscure
unsigned lane that is only 20 yards long, but would be deeply
suspicious of a map that incorrectly identifies the main road
through their town.

(* I realise this is a flawed measurement, as it doesn't account
for straight vs curvy roads, but it would probably be good
enough.)

Cheers,
GrahamS

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:42 +0000, "Peter Miller"