[Talk-GB] Potlatch 2 tutorial videos. (Was: Re: Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?)

davespod osmlists at dellams.fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 7 14:10:59 GMT 2011

Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> That is absolutely _brilliant_!

Thanks for your kind words. Thanks to Tom, too. I will try to find time
later to respond to suggestions made both here and by private mail.

> My faith in human nature is restored. :) Do you have a file you could
> e-mail me? If so I'll embed it into P2
> this weekend.

Sorry, I was away for the weekend. I am keen to get more feedback and
re-record, so plan to post to newbies later (and osm-talk, if I can face it)
. However, I can understand the hurry, and I am very time poor, so it may be
a while before I can produce a new version (not to mention parts 2 and 3).
My main concern is the sound quality. Listened to on crappy laptop speakers
it isn't too bad, but the bass level makes it sound very odd on any other
speakers.

But if you are happy to go with it for now, I am happy to mail the file. It
is 30 Mb in MPEG-4 format (or 1.3 Gb in its native AVI format), so I assume
you will still want to stream it somehow (?), as that is >40 seconds
download for many people. I should also mention that converted to Flash
format (using a Camstudio plugin), it is still only 33 Mb, but with a
significantly higher picture quality.

Cheers

David