[Talk-GB] Yahoo! areas (was pay_scale_area)

Bob Kerr openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 20:11:13 GMT 2011

Makes sense to me
bob

--- On Tue, 8/2/11, Andy Street <mail at andystreet.me.uk> wrote:

From: Andy Street <mail at andystreet.me.uk>
Subject: Re: Yahoo! areas (was pay_scale_area)
To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
Cc: "Bob Kerr" <openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 8 February, 2011, 16:54

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 10:40 +0000, Bob Kerr wrote:

> I am presently doing some tracing in Dumfries and there is a way which
> is marked public_transport=pay_scale_area. It is part of a Naptan
> import. The area seems to be vague and is cutting across a number of
> areas where I am doing some detailed work.
>
> Is there a good reason that this should still be kept?

I've got a similar problem with ways showing the extent of hi-res Yahoo!
imagery (tagged boundary=yahoo, area=yes). I can't see any real use for
having this data in the database and if we were to do the same for other
imagery sources then it'd soon become a right old mess.

Any objections before I hit delete?

Regards,

Andy