[Talk-GB] Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Feb 9 14:54:53 GMT 2011

On 9 February 2011 14:44, Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:
> > Stephen Gower <socks-openstreetmap.org at ...> writes:
> >
> >>What do you do when a road has completely gone?
> >
> > I make a way with not:name and no other tags.
>
> That doesn't work - it has to have a recognised highway tag. Peter
> says it will be changed some time soon so that any highway tag (eg
> highway=abandoned) will get it included in the comparison.

Actually we are going to accept an value for the highway tag, so it could be
highway=banana or highway=not or whatever. This will reduce ongoing
maintenance as people invent new highway tags anyway.

Just start tagging as you see fit and it will start working on the next
release. Not sure when that will be exactly though.

Regards,

Peter