[Talk-GB] Incorrect use of OS VectorMap District when mapping?

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Thu Feb 10 11:07:06 GMT 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 10:30 +0000, Peter Miller wrote:
> On reflection possibly we should use river-bank as that has more
> information in it, but recommend that anyone importing does a 'bridge
> cleanup' at the same time.

This is an area I'm actually really interested in (for rural rivers) and
keen to contribute. So far I've been put off by exactly this problem. Is
a reasonable approach to use the OS data for river edges and then fill
in the gaps (bridges etc) with OSM data?

I guess its possible that the OSM data is better, but most of the rivers
I look at are distinctly rougher than the OS data (not that that
necessarily confers any information about accuracy). Same goes for lake
and tarn boundaries.

Cheers,

Henry