[Talk-GB] Charging for OSM-based work

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Feb 28 14:39:17 GMT 2011

Hello all,

I've been asked to help design a leaflet that will show people nice walks to
do around a particular location to encourage more exercise. They're very
keen on OSM since it's the only map they can find showing the paths they
like!

They're happy to pay me for my trouble, and while I doubt they can pay me
very much I'd like to know what the "going rate" for this kind of work is.

It will probably be an A5 document with a custom-rendered map showing a few
walking routes, sticking their copy in.

If anyone would like to email me on- or off-list with thoughts, that would
be much appreciated.

Tom