[Talk-GB] Waterways Map (was invisible)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:59:15 GMT 2011

I just added navigable rivers and it looks a bit more like a network now.
There are still a few odd gaps to investigate though.

Graham

from my phone

On 19 Jan 2011 22:28, "Kev js1982" <osm at kevswindells.eu> wrote:

The Grantham canal round here varies in quality from
Being in a pipe under the road for a big stretch
Looking like a normal canal but with all the locks missing/ damaged
Drained of water and full of weeds
Looking like a normal canal but full of algee and other stagnet strenches
Oh, and most paths/roads cross on the level with nothing more than a pipe
underneath.

The tow paths are generally navigatable by foot, and from plunger ( I think)
to the trent by bike in all weathers ( if you ignore the a46 Fosseway
crossing which is closed to allow the construction of a dual carridgeway)