[Talk-GB] Administrative Borders

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Jan 20 12:48:28 GMT 2011

On 20/01/11 11:18, Brian Prangle wrote:
> Is anyone working on importing the boundaries from the shape file
> available from OS OpenData? Does it have ward level boundaries for
> major cities?
I have imported parish boundaries and the county boundary in my local
area. It is hard work because they need to be integrated manually into
existing data: Old NPE boundaries need removing, physical features such
as  streams and rivers that form part of the boundaries need to be
integrated. They then need turning into relations where the boundary
ways are only entered once and are shared between the relations. I would
not recommend an automated load of the data, but an import by hand of an
area local to you.

More info for the experienced here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Using_OS_Shapefiles

--