[Talk-GB] Waterways Map (was invisible)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:57:32 GMT 2011

Tom, Richard,
I think I have got an alternative way of doing it - the Openlayers Permalink
control can take a 'base' parameter, which is the url base that it links to
(like http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit).

It is working on http://maps.webhop.net/canals now.

Not as pretty as the main OSM version or your openecomaps one though!

Graham.

On 20 January 2011 21:47, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> I used the OpenStreetMap homepage code for inspiration and wrote a stripped
> down version for this page:
>
> http://www.openecomaps.co.uk/map.php
>
> Basically you give the link an ID, get the relevant variables from
> OpenLayers and register events to update the link every time the map
> changes.
>
> <http://www.openecomaps.co.uk/map.php>(by the way that site isn't quite
> "launched" yet).
>
> Best wishes,
> Tom
>

> On 20 January 2011 21:26, Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Richard,
>> A direct link to an editor would be really neat...Do you know how to do
>> it?
>> I suppose I need to use javascript to detect that you have clicked on the
>> 'edit' link, then update the link to be the map origin?
>> Or is there an easy way - not sure how the 'Permalink' thing works - I'll
>> dig through the OpenLayers code to look for it!
>>
>> Graham.

>>> now.
>>>
>>> That's putting it mildly. :)
>>>
>>> I knew our waterway coverage was erratic but I hadn't realised it was
>>> _that_
>>> poor. Navigable rivers are particularly sporadic (very little of the

--
Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.