[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis name tags

Bob Kerr openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 09:45:16 GMT 2011

Hi,
I would like to support the idea of name:gd=***** for Gaelic names.
In Portree there are definitely two names in OS Locator for several roads
an example is
highway: residentialname: Mill Parkname:gd: Pairc na Muilnesource: OS_OpenData_StreetView
at
http://oscompare.raggedred.net/?zoom=18&lat=57.4161&lon=-6.19&layers=B0TF
If there has not been an official vote on this type of tag then maybe a decision should be made because it will affect a
 lot of people making international language maps.
for example
http://osmalba.org/
I would be willing to help with some wiki work if needed to set up voting though I think a straight decision would be a lot easier.
Nice work on the new OSM Analysis by the way. Any chance of  totals in the table analysis page. It would give us a type of countdown clock for the uk
Cheers
Bob