[Talk-GB] Documentation and Visualisation

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Jul 3 21:29:19 BST 2011

Have a look at how Wikipedia uses categories.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking last night about the ITO Analysis heat map as a tool that
motivates people to look into doing some mapping in different area's.

> http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/osm_analysis/map_browser
>

> I was wondering what statistics are available that we could use to make an
interactive visualisation/map of the quality/last time edited of the pages
on the wiki.
> I think analysing the whole wiki might be too confusing but maybe a
smaller subset like tags might be worth experimenting on. If we had a map
which shows which tags have been accepted, which are proposed and not voted
on, which are proposed and abandoned, which set of tags are confusing or
need to be rethought. I am definitely thinking of a map and not a series of
graphs, I would need to be able to zoom in on a proposal that has not be
acted on for a year so that I could deleted it,