[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis New Data and bot

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Thu Jun 9 10:38:19 BST 2011

The way I do surveys is working from the 'noname' reports.  I used to use the
Cloudmade noname tiles, latterly I use beta.letuffe.org and the Cloudmade
Garmin maps, which also highlight unnamed streets in red.

Is there a way we can improve OSM for end users - who would like to have complete
coverage - while still encouraging ground survey just as much as if the map
were left blank?

I would suggest that names can be added from OS data, since it is generally of
high quality (in fact, higher quality than a typical ground survey - see earlier
threads), but that these reports of 'missing names' be adapted to include streets
where a name is present but marked verified=no (or source=OS, perhaps).

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>