[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis New Data and bot

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Thu Jun 9 15:59:49 BST 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, SteveC wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2011, at 7:42, Jerry Clough : SK53 on OSM <SK53_osm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Generally, I am still opposed to a bot. There is a substantial body
> > of evidence that automated imports damage the ability to recruit and
> > nuture new mappers.
>
> Could you cite the evidence? Is it just hand waving about AND or
> something more specific?

I can. I've a friend in the Netherlands that I'd say is the typical
person that we want as mapper. He had mapped a lot of town Which then
got wiped out by the AND import, and he didn't bother with OSM for a
looong time. Luckily, he now finally started contributing again.
Let's hope he keeps it up.

Derick