[Talk-GB] OS OpenData and accepting the new contributor terms

Robert Whittaker (OSM) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:50:34 BST 2011

On 20 June 2011 16:44, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> On 6/19/2011 1:16 AM, Robert Whittaker (OSM) wrote:
>>
>> I still take the view that *as the CTs are written* clause 2 would
>> apply to all contributions, which makes me uncomfortable signing them.
>> However, since the CTs represent a contract between myself and OSMF,
>> if it can be confirmed (eg by a statement from the OSMF chairman) that
>> your statement about the CTs is the official policy of OSMF, then I'd
>> be prepared to sign them based on that assurance.
>
> I can't make a statement for the OSMF without going to the board, but that's
> my understanding, Mike is correct.

As I've said to you off-list, since LWG's interpretation of the CTs results in
such a significant difference from what I'd consider to be the literal
meaning, I'd appreciated it if you could check with the other OSMF
board members, so you then can make an official statement about
Michael's post.

If you can confirm Michael's post does indeed represent OSMF's views, then I can
agree the CTs on that basis.

Thanks,

Robert.

--