[Talk-GB] 3 new vector map district roads views/comparison maps from ITO Map

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Tue Jun 28 14:59:33 BST 2011

On 28/06/11 14:11, Peter Miller wrote:
> Here are three new map views using Vector Map District roads data for ITO Map.
>
> 1) 'VMD - roads'. This is a view of vector map district roads colour
> coded according to its internal classification system.
> http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=136
This is a very interesting overlay. It corresponds to my earlier view of
how incomplete and inconsistent some of the OS VMD data is. There is a
small estate in my local village that was completed in the the last few
years which is shown. There are two older, larger developments which are
about ten and 15 years old, both of which are missing. All of these are
public roads, adopted by the council. Private roads are missing too. A
couple of roads which are not adopted but do not have private signs are
also missing from VMD. There is, however a metalled track, which is a
public bridleway, but is signed as a private road to traffic - it is a
cul-de-sac leading only to a farm, is shown on VMD as a road (grey on
the overlay).

All this from a quick look at my village. We cannot rely on this data
without a survey.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly