[Talk-GB] UK "road name" coverage now over 80%

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Jun 29 18:32:23 BST 2011

On 29 June 2011 18:02, Steve Doerr <doerr.stephen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/06/2011 17:55, Peter Miller wrote:
>
>> I have also been very impressed with the initial results from the
>> visual comparison of OSM and OS Vector map district as well. We seem
>> to have an much to help the OS improve their data as the other way
>> round!
>
> I'd still like to see if the OS show any signs of having taken notice of our
> not:name data to correct entries in OS Locator.

They have definitely received a file of 3,500 not:name entries and
there are people within the OS keen to develop relationships with the
OSM community and use the data. However... it is a very large and long
established organisation which doesn't seem to move that fast! What I
do know is that it will be getting harder and harder for them to not
engage and that the government is very supportive of what we are
doing.

Regards,

Peter