[Talk-GB] OS and OSM

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sat Mar 12 19:40:26 GMT 2011

Graham Jones wrote:
> I didn't bother rendering the whole country with these because everyone
> said how awful and useless Merridian2 was

Meridian2 isn't awful or useless at all. It's an excellent dataset for
quickly making street maps at (say) 1:100k or even 1:50k. I use it a lot.

It is significantly below the standards of geometry we expect from OSM, but
then it's more complete and accurate and the licence is more liberal. So you
(don't) pays your money and you takes your choice...

cheers
Richard