[Talk-GB] inferred single-carriageway NSL?

MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 19:56:40 GMT 2011

On 16/03/2011 17:00, Peter Miller wrote:
> Same here. Incidentally, I have been updating maxspeed:national to
> either 60 mph or 70 mph as appropriate in various places over the past
> week by hand and sorting out other tagging issues.

I use to tag using "70 mph" or "60 mph" but switched to using
maxspeed:national when I found a piece of road signposted as "60 mph"
and after investigating what national meant for different classes of
vechiles.

These days I'd probably change "70 mph" or "60 mph" to
"maxpseed:national" if I was editing the data (and had seen a national
sign). Although I wouldn't actively seek out ways tagged with 60 mph or
70 mph.

What this really shows is that a consistent tagging arrangement needs to
be agreed.